- Formal training in the field of expertise is highly preferred. If not formally trained, having 5+ years of experience is preferred along with references/reviews to demonstrate skill.
- Willingness and ability to foster both a sense of creativity and community in keeping with MixLife’s overall objectives. Engaging personality and presence that puts students at ease and invites connection.
- Availability and willingness to collaborate with MixLife staff and experts regarding curriculum development and accommodate coursework to meet MixLife objectives. (Initial curriculum development generally takes 10 - 20 hours).
- Personal values and belief alignment with MixLife’s mission and willingness to learn and incorporate arts therapy techniques and benefits into instruction.
- Experience teaching live online coursework. Ability to handle the functionality of Zoom, Google Meet, etc. including breakout rooms, pinning content, multiple camera angles as needed, etc. Able to manage small to large class environments (from 2 to 100 people).
- Technical aptitude to record and share course materials as needed as well as facilitate engagement on various MixLife platforms including the MixLife app.
- Schedule availability and flexibility - most courses occur 1/week for 4 weeks, sometimes with more than one cohort running at the same time. Classes are also offered in multiple time zones depending on student location.
- Flexibility to adjust and make realtime coursework changes as needed to accommodate needs of a particular class.
- Preferred - experience in the areas of personal wellness and/or arts therapy. Strong social media presence (Instagram, YouTube, etc.)
- All instructors must qualify our interview process and background checks to be selected.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract, Fully remote
Pay: Highly competitive hourly rates based on experience.
Please submit your CV and a short cover letter describing why you are interested, along with some examples of your work such as YouTube videos, portfolios, websites, photos of your work, etc. Social media presence/handles encouraged. Please also let us know what materials or supplies, if any, students would need for your particular class/modality. Please include any particular experience you might have in the areas of wellness and/or arts therapy.